Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Resolution Update

I've realized this past week that I haven't been sharing any of my new recipes with you all! Most of the recipes I have made have been good except 1) The "meatballs" (I used ground turkey) from Double Delicious-yuck! They were sick-nasty and 2) Salmon w/ Chickpea Ragu from Eillie Krieger's So Easy-this may have been partially my fault, but it was bad news...but on to some yummy treats!

I would post the recipes on here, but then my post would be outa-control long and you might fall asleep!

Easy Chicken-Mushroom Quesadillas- So Easy by Ellie Krieger
^SO easy and so good! Alex and I love them!

Chicken Satay- Double Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld
^Yum, yum, yum! I could eat them everyday...! I think I made them with these:
Cracked Black Pepper Chips-So Easy by Ellie Krieger
^ I didn't make that dip with it. This was the easiest link I could find :)

Tortellini Spinach Soup- So Easy by Ellie Krieger
^Again so fast! Also I love that the tortellini is in soup and not like a heavy cream sauce. Also tortellini isn't the best thing in the world for you and you aren't eating tons of it because its in soup! I'd leave out the tomatoes next time though because I don't like tomatoes :)

Okay I can't find these online so I will type them out:

Pasta With Spinach and Edamame-BHG
1 9oz pkg refrigerate fettuccine (I used dried)
2 C frozen sweet soybeans (edamame)
1/2 C walnuts, broken (I left these out because Alex doesn't like nuts in his food)
2/3 C bottled Italian salad dressing w/ cheese (I didn't get it with cheese and added parmesan to the finished product)
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 C. baby spinach

1. Cook pasta and soybeans.
2. If using, toast walnuts in a skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir salad dressing and pepper into the hot pasta in the pan. Add spinach and nuts and cook over medium heat for 1 minutes.
4. Enjoy!

Vermicelli w/ Sausage and Spinach-BHG
If you know me, you know I didn't use sausage-yuck! I used cut-up chicken instead :)
3/4 C chopped onion (clearly I left this out too)
2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tsp. olive oil
2 14 oz. cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 C water
8 oz. pkg dried vermicelli or angel hair pasta, broken in half
1 9 oz. pkg fresh prewashed baby spinach
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/3 C whipping cream (I used half and half)

1. Cook chicken (or sausage if you choose), onion, and garlic in hot oil in a 4-qt Dutch oven over med-high heat until chicken is cooked through and onion is tender.
2. Add broth and water and bring to a boil. Add pasta, cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add spinach and pepper; cook about 1 minute until spinach wilts
4. Stir in cream and serve!

Okay, I feel like this last one should have it's own post, but I don't want to overwhelm all of you! It's like magic in a bowl-the possibilities are endless!

20-Minute Noodle Bowls
1 14 oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 C teriyaki sauce
1/4 C water
2 C frozen stir-fry or mixed vegetables
2 3 oz. packages ramen noodles (Okay, you know I hate even the idea of Ramen noodles, so I used angel hair pasta and broke it in half)

In a large saucepan, combine the broth, teriyaki sauce, and water and bring to a boil. Stir in frozen veggies and noodles (if using ramen, discard the seasoning pack). Return to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 3 minutes or until noodles and veggies are cooked. Enjoy!

BUT the great thing about this is you can use all sorts of substitutes and it is the best weeknight meal!!! Here are some:

Instead of teriyaki and water use:
*1/2 C peanut sauce
*1/2 C sweet-&-sour sauce
*1/2 C alfredo sauce (not sure about this one, but it's listed)!
*1/2 C italian dressing and add zucchini, spinach, and green beans
Any of these can have chicken or some sort of meat added
I say- GENIOUS!

Which recipe do you think sounds the best?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try that tortellini spinach soup- sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie- It is so great and soooo easy!!

    ReplyDelete