Monday, August 15, 2011

Things I learned this weekend

Hi Friends!
How was your weekend? Mine was pretty fabulous if I may say! I'll tell you what even with just one year under my belt as Tippi Toes OKC franchise owner I am so much more relaxed! Of course I am still pretty busy (with more things coming as classes get ready to start - August 29!!!) but things are getting just a tad easier and I love that :)

Just a post about things I learned about life this weekend:

1. Chocolate candies take way longer to make if you only have one mold - one of my really close friends, Megan, is having a baby and I along with another friend Sarah through her a baby shower this weekend. For favors I made these chocolate baby candies. They took about 12 years to make though because I only had one mold...

2. Babies need a lot of stuff - Okay I already knew this, but it was just reinforced at this shower!

3. I really can't handle the thought of my sweet baby Miles getting hurt! As Alex and I were getting ready for church yesterday morning, Milies jammed his leg as he was running around and immediately crumpled and could barely walk and was crying. Neither of us knew what to do and I was practically in tears! Thankfully he healed quickly (maybe a twist or a bad bruise?) after sitting (okay being cradled like a baby) and we didn't have to take him to the vet. It was really scary and I would just prefer that to never happen again.

4. Naps are fabulous - in the right setting. After church yesterday Alex and I took a nap! A lot of times I really can't nap because my brain does not stop going, but yesterday worked. We hadn't in soo long and it was soo nice! Except for when Alex wouldn't get up afterwards and I had to go get Miles to lick him awake :) Okay that was pretty great too :)

5. Don't take the loved ones in your life for granted - on Saturday Alex went to hang out with his friends and I decided to have a night to myself. Well of  course part of that time would be dedicated to food blogging (and of course the rest to reality tv)! I came across a really sad post about a dedication to a fellow blogger who suddenly lost her husband; and then another, and then another. After a little more looking, I found that this woman lost her husband suddenly to a heart attack. She asked that everyone make a peanut butter pie in memory of her husband since it was his favorite. That led to bloggers everywhere making a post about peanut butter pie. My reaction - well of course I called Alex sobbing and barely making any sense while trying to explain to him my crazy behavior. Anyways it just reminded me how precious life is. To remember to cherish those that are special to me. And to not take anything for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment