Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Recap

So let me first just share with all of you that I've been typing for um 30 minutes when I accidentally closed the internet window, lost all that I had been posting on here, and now have to recreate it when I didn't even want to do it all in the first place...

It has been a way long time since I have been on here and mainly just because I like creeping on other people's blogs more then making my own. Also, I have discovered food blogs. Yup. I read them all the time. I even have my favorites bookmarked. I check them daily and get sad when there isn't new food for me to look at. Pretty weird right? I'm not embarrassed. And don't judge because I have made some pretty fabulous recipes this summer!

Anyways back to my summer recap that starts right now!

The Tippi Toes conference in Tulsa this summer was so amazing! It was so great to finally meet everyone in person and catch up with those I already knew! Sarah and Megan did a wonderful job and I'm so lucky to be a part of such an inspiring group of women! Watch out world Tippi Toes is comin' at you strong this year! We can't wait to teach your kiddos our awesome dances! AND they had a banquet for us at the end of the weekend which Alex came up for. AND I won Franchisee of the Year! It was such a surprise when Sarah and Megan called my name! I won a really great trophy and a beautiful diamond ring! Needless to say I was shocked! I'm so thankful to be a part of Tippi Toes. I know I say this all the time but I really have the best job of all time!
Receiving my awards

Picture with Sarah and Megan (and cutie Lola!)
Next came Princess Camp in OKC! Wowzer what a week- dancing, princesses, sparkles, stories, crafts! It was a blast and my teachers did so well. Those little princesses were so fun!!!
Making princess necklaces with Princess Ivy the inventor!

These princesses were perfect ballerinas!

Practicing one of the princess dances

A little freeze dance before snack time!
After a great camp, summer classes started and Alex and I FINALLY bought me a new car!
Unfortunately about two weeks later I wrecked it :(
On our way up to Colorado, we left really early in the morning (my idea. I feel like if you leave early and get there when its still kind of daytime its better) And it was really dark on the highway because we were out in the boonies with no street lights. Well little did I know that there was a semi truck tire waiting for me to run over. My cute little car could not handle it and lets just say five hours later, a tow truck taking us to the body shop, and Alex's parents kindly letting us borrow their car, we left for our trip to Colorado. Let's just say I won't be in a hurry to leave early anymore... the damage to the car is deceiving- it cost $3400 to fix it!!! Thank goodness for insurance right? I felt horrible!!!

At least our trip to Colorado was great! Remember when I said for our anniversary Alex gave me a "good for one anniversary-like" trip pass? We decided to go to Colorado since we had never been up by ourselves. It was SO nice! So quiet and just the two of us. We did some hiking around but mostly were lazy and enjoyed the beautiful mountain view! Sorry I don't have any pictures!! Then we got to bring this little guy into our family!!!
Meet Miles Genheimer!!!


The next weekend I headed up to Chicago for my older sister's, Sarah, bridal shower! Her bridesmaids (me, my other sister, Alisa, Leslie in Californian and Melinda in Philidelphia) as well as our mom were all able to get together for a fun-filled weekend! It was great!
We did an "around the world" theme because Sarah loves to travel and her and Jeff are going on an African Safari for their honeymoon!!

The following weekend I went down to Texas to see my parents and Alisa and have a belated- Birthday Shopping Trip with my mom and Alisa! We went to some really fun stores and my mom bought me a dress and headband (of course) for my present. I love that my parents still make a big deal about birthdays :)


Then my parents came to Oklahoma the following weekend because my dad was going to help us fix our sick-nasty kitchen ceiling. He is superman- seriously he can fix anything. He and Alex took the box out and then (because they ran out of time) the following Monday Alex's dad helped Alex put the new lights in. Before and After below!
So this isn't a very good picture but this was back in the spring when we first started remodeling but you can see how low the ceiling is with that weird box light deal

But then we got to literally smash it off and it looked like this!

This is after our awesome dads and of course super-Alex put in some major work hours
And painted - just pretend that back part isn't still white okay?

Other side of the room- so much better right?

Now that leads us basically up to now- getting ready for a second year of Tippi Toes in OKC! I am so pumped and have some really great new schools and new teachers to help me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment